Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Welcome / Bienvenue / Hosgeldiniz

Assalamu alaykom, Hi, Bonjour, Merhaba, and everything else in between. Welcome to our blog about the multlingual and cutlural adventures th...

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

From the French Kitchen: Crepes

Today, I was flipping through the Carrefour ads and saw a picture of a skillet to make crepes. I knew that we had one somewhere, so I raced off to find it. Then, I searched the internet to find a recipe. I did find one here.


I had to make changes, I didn't have butter or real all-purpose flour. But, they tasted awesome and not too sweet.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour - I used whole wheat bread flour and ground up hazelnuts
  • 1 teaspoon white sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cups milk - I used skim
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted - I used olive oil

Directions



  1. Sift together flour, sugar and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk together in a food processor Beat in flour mixture until smooth; stir in melted butter.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 2 tablespoons for each crepe. Tip and rotate pan to spread batter as thinly as possible. Brown on both sides and serve hot.Sprinkle with cinammon and sugar or add some nutella.












Share your crepes and recipes!



No comments:

Post a Comment